As a leading specialist in the fields of analysing data from machinery monitoring, and black box recorder systems, Avenca are always interested in hearing from individuals who believe that they can play a part in our dynamic team. So, if there are no vacancies shown below, and you’re a self-motivated talented individual with relevant qualifications and experience in the fields of:
- Software development for engineering applications (particularly related to databases, data mining, and digital signal processing or machine learning)
- Engineering data analysis (particularly related to machinery condition monitoring or HUM Systems)
then please e-mail or post your c.v. to us, as with our continued growth there may well be other opportunities available.
Marine Data Analyst Position
Avenca are world leading suppliers of cutting-edge systems and services for the analysis of data from “black box” recorders, and machinery monitoring systems.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our successful team as a Data Analyst, primarily focusing on the analysis of data from marine “black box” recorders, which are fitted to ships in excess of 3000 Gross tonnes worldwide.
The role will primarily involve extracting, merging and calibrating data from various proprietary formats, so that it can be replayed and analysed using Avenca’s MADAS software (which is used by National Accident Investigation Authorities around the world); and then liaising with the customer to ensure that the required form of analysis is performed.
There will also be opportunities to get involved with the specification, development and testing of the highly innovative analysis software and systems which Avenca develop, and the training and support of customers in the use of our software and systems.
The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter, with –
· An eye for detail
· A high degree of computer literacy (particularly with the use of Microsoft Excel)
· A degree or similar qualification in a technical, scientific, or software/computing-related subject
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
An interest in, or experience of, any of the following would also be beneficial:
· Marine Navigation, Electronics, or other Marine/Naval experience
· Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
· Acoustic signal processing
· Model-based analysis, and/or Data Mining
· Forensic data analysis
· Software Design and Development
This position will be based at our offices near Salisbury. This is a full time position, but for the right person, if requested, part time or flexible working arrangements could be considered.
Salary will be competitive, based on experience and qualifications.